Friday, August 24, 2012

Blog Post #1

Me, Myself, and I
Before I start blogging about managing time, professor Strange wanted us to post a little information about ourselves. First off my name is Jazmin, and I just recently transferred to the University of South Alabama. I was born and raised in Colorado, and decided I wanted to try something new, so I came to USA. Surprisingly to others around Mobile, they question my decision. The biggest reason why I moved to Alabama was the cost. My In-State tuition in Colorado was around twenty two thousand dollars a year. At the University of South Alabama it is almost equal to the Out of State tuition. This tuition is a major difference for me, being that I came out from Colorado.

My major is Elementary Education at this time. I decided this specific major based on what I knew and enjoyed most. I enjoy being around children, and helping them whenever I am able too. I wanted to give back to the community that has helped me get to where I am today. All majors can change, but I know either way I go I am going to help others.

What things I like to do on my spare time besides hang out with friends are, knit, crochet, sew, workout, bowl, and other little things. I am a very outgoing person and I enjoy hanging out with a diverse group of people. I am the type of person who likes to speak whatever is on my mind and not shy to state my opinion. There are so many ways to describe myself, but too many to list. I suggest just if one is ever curious of knowing who I am, come talk to me

Randy Pausch on Time Management
After watching Dr.Pausch’s video, “Time Management”, I learned only a few new things on how to manage my time. Some people already know how to set goals and make a list to follow through with those goals. What I need to consider this years is his statement, “Doing things right, is not the same as doing the right things”. I know I cannot do things perfectly. I need to keep my focus on the things I want done. If there happens to be a mistake made along the way, you learn from it or as he says, “Gain experience”. This year I have a schedule made for myself, but I put easy first, hard last. Now, after hearing his views on going with the hard assignments first, I will have to do some readjusting to my list. All together what I got was, make a well planned list to get all your work done, and save room for changes. I have not watched any other videos on Dr.Pausch’s, nor heard of him. This makes me very curious on whom he is, and information I find to seek later.

Time Management Exercises and Time Management Lessons
I additionally read the Penn State University pages, Time Management Exercises, Preparing for Final Exams, and Time Management Lessons. All together when managing your time make a “to do list” for everyday of the week. When it comes to exam time I learned to make sure I plan what grade I want to make, and in order to obtain that grade study the material needed. Now planning this ahead of time for me would make it a lot easier to not cram so much information last minute. If I follow some of the steps offered in these pages, I can develop a routine suitable with my own lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. I think your blog post`s were well written and I found no errors.

    ReplyDelete